Sports Travel Advice & Insurance
For every sports tour and tournament we provide comprehensive travel information and recommendations according to the destination booked for your Sporta Tours sports tour.
Typically, we advise on what to pack and what no to (which can be just as important), plus visa requirements and any pre-travel medical advice. We’ll also provide useful reminders on essentials such as travel insurance via group or individual policies.
https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/ – TravelHealthPro exists to protect the health of British travellers and provides a comprehensive resource.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice – The UK Government website also features useful information for over 200 countries and territories.
Sports Tour Insurance:
It’s important to have relevant travel insurance in place for groups travelling on overseas sports tours. This can entail purchasing specialist sports travel insurance since many standard travel insurance policies do not protect travellers taking part in competitive sport, or for certain activities altogether.
Sporta Tours recommend SportsCover Direct. Established for over 20 years they are a specialist sports travel insurance provider for amateur sportsmen and women. Some of the benefits included as standard within their policies include:
- £10m emergency medical expenses and repatriation cover – including injuries occurring whilst participating in sport
- £1000 baggage and personal effects cover – this can be increased to £2,500
- Specialist sporting equipment cover – £200 worth of cover included as standard which can be increased up to £5,600
- Cancellation and curtailment cover – should you no longer be able to travel or need to cut a trip short due to injury or illness
- Personal liability – should you injure a third party or damage their property and they opt to sue you
To find out more and obtain a quote, visit their website via the link below. We recommend arranging insurance as soon as you book so that cover is in place for any unforeseen events immediately. You can also save quotes on their website to come back to if needed:
If you already have general travel insurance in place, but it does not include cover for your specific sport(s) / activity(s), SportsCover Direct also offer Activity TopUp that can provide that cover. You can take this out to cover for the day(s) you will be doing the activity and it can be arranged after you have left the UK/Ireland.
If you would like to know more about anything regarding a tour, please contact us and refer to our terms and conditions. We also provide sports insurance information within our booking terms and conditions.