Spain rugby tours
Rugby is a growing and popular sport in Spain with many clubs and schools now available to provide opposition for visiting sides.
Barcelona has a great selection of clubs, with superb pitches and training facilities. These clubs can be found within the heart of the city or in the coastal suburbs, and provide a great base for a social tour for a club side or a playing tour for school or college sides.
Within our tours for schools and colleges, we also try to incorporate some time exploring the city. Suggestions include a Nou Camp Stadium tour, a visit to one of the numerous museum areas or market trips.
La Manga Club has hosted a number of professional rugby sides from England, Ireland and France who have used the resort as a pre season training base. La Manga offers a resort based experience, great gym for strength and conditioning work and superbly maintained training pitches.
Highlights of a rugby tour to Spain include…
- Top class, dedicated rugby pitches and facilities
- Superb gym facilities on site
- Everything you need in a single, safe resort location
- Secure and private facilities for professional sides
- Racing Metro use La Manga for their winter training camps
The benefits of Spain as a tour destination include…
- Exceptional value for money
- 2 x 5 star resorts offering an array of sporting facilities
- High class hotel, apartment and villa accommodation
- Fantastic beaches and downtime activities
- Secure and safe resorts for school parties
- Short haul flights from many European and Scandinavian countries
- Accessibility from destinations further afield
All of our tours are tailor-made to meet the requirements of each school and club but to give you an idea of how a tour to La Manga could look here’s a sample itinerary…
Day 1 – Arrive at Murcia or Alicante airport following your morning flight from the UK where you will be met and taken to La Manga Club resort. After lunch have your first training session – following dinner use the meeting room for an overview presentation of the days ahead.
Day 2 – Morning training session – Lunch – Afternoon fitness session followed by first match versus local opposition (club/school or academy).
Day 3 – Morning training session – Lunch – Afternoon beach games/fitness sessions or excursion to local attraction (depending on time of visit).
Day 4 – Morning training session – Lunch – Afternoon would see a light training session followed by match two versus local opposition – evening at leisure.
Day 5 – Day of departure. Transfer to local Airport for your short homeward flight.