Spain cricket tours
Desert Springs Resort and La Manga Club offer superb facilities for cricket tours and are regularly visited by professional sides for training camps. The facilities are appropriate from Prep schools to the England Cricket team – who we took out to Desert Springs in 2015 for their Pre-Ashes training camp.
Desert Springs boasts mainland Europe’s only resort based grass cricket net facility as shown on the video link opposite. Cricket is a year round activity at Desert Springs due to it being located in the area of Europe’s driest winter climate. Please find a brochure on Desert Springs here.
Highlights of a cricket tour to Spain include…
- Spain’s only resort based grass net facility at Desert Springs
- Desert Springs is used by Sussex CCC and the MCC
- Very reliable weather
- Play tournaments at La Manga Club on ECB approved artificial wickets
The benefits of Spain as a tour destination include…
- Exceptional value for money
- 2 x 5 star resorts offering an array of sporting facilities
- High class hotel, apartment and villa accommodation
- Fantastic beaches and downtime activities
- Secure and safe resorts for school parties
- Short haul flights from many European and Scandinavian countries
- Accessibility from destinations further afield
- Prep School pre-season and mid-season training camps and tournaments at Desert Springs. Contact us for more information.
All of our tours are tailor-made to meet the requirements of each school and club but to give you an idea of how a tour to Desert Springs could look here’s a sample itinerary…
Day 1 – Arrive at Almeria or Murcia airport following your morning flight from the UK where you will be met and taken to the fabulous Desert Springs Resort. After lunch have your first net session – following dinner use the meeting/cinema room for an overview presentation of the days ahead.
Day 2 – Morning net session/fielding drills – Lunch – Afternoon fitness session (gym or trim trail or use the complimentary bikes for an off road cycle to the coast)
Day 3 – Morning net session/fielding drills – Lunch – Afternoon beach games/fitness sessions or excursion to local attraction (depending on time of visit)
Day 4 – Morning net session fielding drills/training – Lunch – Afternoon beach games/fitness sessions or excursion to local attraction (depending on time of visit)
Day 5 – Day of departure. Transfer to local Airport for your short homeward flight.